Today's grativibe is about quick kitchen clean-up.
This one-skillet wonder is satisfying, delicious, and good for you! We love it for all those reasons, plus it's easy to make and clean-up is a breeze.
Of course, you can substitute ground beef for the turkey and enjoy it just as much.
Elevate the flavor by grilling the buns open side down in a hot, dry pan for a few minutes until lightly browned. Yum!
Turkey (or Beef) Sloppy Joes
- 2 pounds ground turkey breast, or ground beef
- 2 celery ribs
- 2 yellow onions
- 2 green bell peppers
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- ½ cup ketchup
- ½ cup barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 12 hamburger buns or kaiser rolls
- Chop or small dice celery, onions, and peppers.
- Sauté vegetables in large skilled with turkey. Cook, stirring and breaking turkey into crumbles, until turkey is cooked through.
- Stir in remaining ingredients (except buns) and simmer 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened to desired consistency.
- Serve on toasted buns.
Nutrition information is calculated using ground turkey. Nutrition information does not include buns.
Leave a Reply