Todays grativibe is about all the savory love without those annoying preservatives.
We love homemade dressing! This one is incredibly easy to pull together, and it is the soulmate to salads like the Watermelon Summer Salad, grilled vegetables and meats. It's also a tasty marinade for that chicken and steak before it sees the grill.
Use your imagination. Go crazy.
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ⅓ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- If using a whisk, mince the shallot. Otherwise, place the roughly chopped shallot into the food processor bowl. Turn on and add balsamic vinegar.
- Keeping the machine running, continue to add ingredients through the pusher/sleeve in order. Before adding the olive oil, insert the pusher. Pour olive oil into the pusher, letting it drizzle through the little hole in the bottom to create an emulsion.
- Will keep for up to two weeks in the refrigerator.
- Use on grilled chicken, steak, and vegetables or on salads like the Watermelon Summer Salad.
Leave a Reply